TRANSITION ERIE/ PRE-EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING
The Transition ERIE Program services high school youth with
disabilities ages 16-21.
The program provides workforce readiness training throughout an
experience within Goodwill of Northeast Ohio and Northwestern Pennsylvania.
A Transition ERIE staff member or job coach provides hands-on instruction in the following
- Food Services
- Customer Service
Participants will be capable of obtaining and maintaining employment.
Program Acceptance Criteria
A student can attend the Transition ERIE Program if s/he meets all of the following criteria:
- Presently enrolled in an academic program or high school
- Age 16 to 21
- Have a physical, cognitive, emotional or social disability
- Have an Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Have independent personal hygiene and grooming skills
- Have independent toileting and feeding skills
- An absence of severe, disruptive and/or violent behavior problems
- Ability to learn in a small group environment without one-on-one supervision
- Have the desire to explore work skills training
How can you access this service?
Referrals will be made to Goodwill of Northeast Ohio and
Northwestern Pennsylvania’s Transition Services Department from school districts, private
schools, Intermediate Units and other appropriate service providers.
The referral source will
complete the Transition ERIE referral form and return it to the Transition ERIE Supervisor three
weeks before the start date.
Any questions can be directed to (814)273-3475
Goodwill of Northeast Ohio and Northwestern Pennsylvania will:
The referring agency will:
- Determine eligibility based on predetermined acceptance criteria and information received
from the referral form and referring agency
- Notify the referring agency and student of the acceptance status and provide the required intake
- Complete the Transition Erie referral form
- Provide current IEP and/or ER
Submit required paperwork during the enrollment period prior to the students start date:
- Consent for Emergency Treatment/Emergency Contact Forms
- Signed contract between funding source and Goodwill Industries
- Student Contract
- Parent/Guardian and School Agreement
- HIPAA Authorization
- Authorization and Consent to Photograph form
** Please note: Blank information will not be accepted. N/A or a solid line will be acceptable. **