In the Ready to Work Program (RTW), youth and adult participants are
referred by Ohio Means Jobs to participate in work experience and classroom activities.
Participants will be offered a menu of work-related activities and classes that will sharpen their
employment skills. Participants will use applied work activity to develop practical work-related
skills and to practice new work behaviors and skills learned in the classroom setting.
provides comprehensive case management and focuses on the reduction of barriers that stand in
the way of gaining and maintaining unsubsidized employment.
Participants will be capable of obtaining and maintaining employment
- Emotionally disabled
- Physically disabled
- Developmentally disabled
- Those with multiple disabilities
- Underemployed, inappropriately employed
This program has a rolling enrollment and typically runs on a fixed schedule.
Scheduling is individually determined based on the hours of participation required by the
Once removed from the program, each client can expect 180 days of
Who is eligible for these services?
Eligibility is based on factors determined by Lake
County Ohio Means Jobs (LCOMJ), formerly Lake County Department of Job and Family
How can you access this service?
Please contact LCOMJ at the phone number below for
further information, including how to apply for this service:
Lake County Ohio Means Jobs
177 Main Street
Painesville, Ohio 44077
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday
The RTW staff works with the participant to:
- Create an Individual Opportunities Plan
- Develop new on-the-job skills in a supportive environment
- Linking and referral to community services
- Improve his or her ability to interview/present well to employers
- Assist client in adjusting to a work environment’s demands
- Increase work tolerances
- Build confidence and self-esteem through class activities and work experience