To provide janitorial training to people with disabilities and other special needs
through a combination of instruction, hands-on practice, performance evaluation and a
community work experience.
Expected Client Outcomes
Client will be ready for employment in the janitorial area.
- Emotionally disabled
- Physically Disabled
- Developmentally Disabled
- Severely Disabled
- Those with multiple disabilities
- Unemployed; underemployed; inappropriately employed
- Older Adults
- Job Seeking Skills Training
- Janitorial Training
- Work Experience
- Follow-up Services
In addition to meeting all facility admission criteria, a person referred into the
Janitorial Skills Training Program must have the following personal characteristics:
- Strong motivation to work in the janitorial industry and willingness to accept the goals of
- The ability to work under stressful conditions
- Indicators of stability, enthusiasm and cooperation
Any applicant who meets the admission qualifications will have an interview prior to acceptance
into the program.
How can you access this service?
For more information call Ashtabula Goodwill, Inc. Serving
NE Ohio & NW Pennsylvania
at (440) 954-3565.
The referring agency staff will select and determine all persons eligible. At the time of referral,
each person will be given an interview by the program instructor at Goodwill Industries, at which
time the individual’s program objective and appropriateness of the referral are determined.
This five-week class provides a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on training in all
aspects of janitorial work, including floor care (mopping, buffing, waxing, stripping, and carpet
care), bathroom cleaning and sanitation and the proper use of cleaning chemicals.
- Each person
participating will be given job-seeking skills training.
- The referring source will receive bi-weekly reports outlining each participant’s performance.
- Case conferencing is requested at least twice during the six-week period.
- All clients will enter the program after the proper review of individual training.
- Training will run
from Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., or individualized as needed.
- Client will demonstrate good customer relations
- Client will demonstrate knowledge of janitorial procedures and quality control
- Client will demonstrate good worker traits
- Client will provide input on employment needs